YEREVAN, Armenia - October 7, 2020 - (Newswire.com)
Armenia's tech community leaders have come together to form Global Awareness, an initiative to spread awareness in the international community and stop disinformation surrounding the current conflict with Turkey and Azerbaijan.
As the conflict in the Nagorno-Karabakh continues to escalate, more awareness is now being spread by both international media outlets and world leaders. Azerbaijan continues to violate human rights by actively bombing Stepanakert, Nagorno-Karabakh’s capital. This has resulted in many civilian casualties and extensive damage to infrastructure, garnering the attention of the international community.
Further updates on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict as of Oct. 6, 2020:
- While Aliyev in his interview with Al Jazeera announces that Azerbaijan welcomes Armenians living in Artsakh to live together, Azerbaijani “Smerch” rocket explodes near the Red Cross in Stepanakert after a series of explosions in Artsakh on Oct. 6, reported by RT reporter Murad Gazdiev and Komsomolskaya Pravda reporter Aleksandr Kots.
- Canada has suspended all military export permits to Turkey due to concerns centered around human rights violations. Foreign affairs minister Francois-Philippe Champagne has stated: "Canada continues to be concerned by the ongoing conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh resulting in shelling of communities and civilian casualties.”
- RT correspondent Murad Gadziev reports that Syrian al Nusra jihadists are now being deployed to Karabakh to fight for Azerbaijan - head of Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Agency informed. Nusra, also known as Al Qaeda in Syria, is the dominant rebel faction in Idlib, and second only to ISIS in infamy.
- Mayor of Los Angeles, Eric Garcetti says LA is proud to be home to the largest Armenian diaspora and condemns the violence visited upon Artsakh and Armenia by Azerbaijan.
- On Oct. 6, the Armenian Ministry of Defense made an official announcement that no fire was launched at Azerbaijan from the territory of the Republic of Armenia. The MoD has also stated that all allegations stating otherwise, especially from the side of Azerbaijan, are intentional lies.
More from today:
- The ECHR calls out Turkey’s involvement
- Armenia warns Iran of Azerbaijan's provocations on the border
- Putin confirms Russia will uphold CSTO treaties
- Greece recalls its Azerbaijan ambassador after offensive claims
- Azerbaijan targets towns as Karabakh army thwarts more attacks
- The Arab League threatens Turkey with sanctions
- Armenia denies striking Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline
- Armenians protest against Azeri/Turkish aggression
Press Release Service by Newswire.com
Original Source: Global Awareness Initiative Says Azerbaijan Continues to Violate Human Rights by Actively Bombing Stepanakert, Nagorno-Karabakh's Capital