The "Bottled Water - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Bottled Water Market to Reach $345.8 Billion by 2027
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Bottled Water estimated at US$219.4 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$345.8 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Spring Water, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 8.1% CAGR and reach US$67.1 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After an early analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Purified Water segment is readjusted to a revised 6.3% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $40.9 Billion, While China is Forecast to Grow at 9.5% CAGR
The Bottled Water market in the U.S. is estimated at US$40.9 Billion in the year 2020. China, the world`s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$83.2 Billion by the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 9.5% over the analysis period 2020 to 2027.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 2.9% and 5.4% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 4.1% CAGR.
Mineral Water Segment to Record 6.8% CAGR
In the global Mineral Water segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 6.6% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$53.4 Billion in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$83.4 Billion by the close of the analysis period.
China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$56.8 Billion by the year 2027, while Latin America will expand at a 6.8% CAGR through the analysis period.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- An Introduction to Bottled Water
- Origins of Bottled Water: A Historical Perspective
- The Course of Bottled Water: From a Rare Novelty to Million-a-Minute Consumption Rate
- Types of Bottled Water
- Distribution Channels
- Bottled Water Market: Pure, Safe and Healthy Attributes Sustain Healthy Growth
- The Thirsty World is an Attractive Market for Bottled Water: Global Municipal Drinking Water Demand (In Billion Cubic Meter (BCM))
- PET: The Dominant Type of Packaging for Bottled Water
- Rising Demand for Clean Water Spurs Bottled Water Market in Developing Economies
- Select Popular Bottled Water Brands Worldwide
- Competitive Market Presence - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for 230 Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 230 Featured)
- Bai Brands LLC
- Balance Trading Company
- CG Roxane, LLC
- Danone S.A.
- FIJI Water Company LLC
- Gerolsteiner Brunnen GmbH & Co. KG
- Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co., Ltd.
- Icelandic Water Holdings hf.
- National Beverage Corp.
- Nestle Waters
- Niagara Bottling, LLC
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- Premium Waters, Inc.
- The Alkaline Water Company, Inc.
- The Coca Cola Company
- Tibet Water Resources Ltd.
- VEEN Waters Finland Oy Ltd.
- Vichy Catalan Corporation
- Voss of Norway AS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Rising Awareness about Waterborne Diseases and the Need for Clean Drinking Water Fuels Growth in Bottled Water Market
- Portable and Convenience Benefits Spur Growth in the Bottled Water Market
- Inability of Governments to Provide Safe and Reliable Potable Water Enhances Significance of Bottled Water
- Lack of Access to Clean Water Provides Opportunity for Bottled Water Market: Percentage Breakdown of Countries without Access to Clean Water
- Select Countries with Poor Access to Quality Drinking Water
- Rising Demand for Functional and Flavored Water Augurs Well for the Market
- Growing Incidence of Obesity Fuels Demand for Flavored and Functional Water
- Rising Acceptance of Premium Bottled Water: Positive Growth Outlook
- Market Poised to Benefit from Advancements in Treatment and Bottling Technologies & Development of New Flavors
- Introduction of Eco-Friendly Packaging Solutions Presents Substantial Growth Opportunity for Bottled Water Market
- Innovations Drive Growth in Bottled Water Market
- Packaging Innovations Stress on Recycled, Biodegradable, and Compostable Materials
- Metal Cans Come to Fore for Bottled Water Packaging
- World Travel Industry Dynamics Favor Robust Growth in Bottled Water Market
- Availability of Tap Water at Lower Cost: A Major Market Restraint
- Mineral Content and Risk of Contaminants in Bottled Mineral Water, Filtered Water and Tap Water in North America and Europe
- Comparison of Bottled Water and RO Tap Water for Select Brands
- Strict Regulations Impede Market Growth
- Move to Ban Bottled Water in Select Municipalities and Campuses to Impact Demand for Bottled Water
- Environmental Cost of Bottled Water and Concerns over Plastic Use: Major Growth Impediments
- Plastic Pollution Emerges as a Major Concern for Bottled Water Industry
- Study Finds Microplastics Contamination in Bottled Water Samples
- Concentration of Microplastics in Bottled Water: Highest Number of Plastic Particles Found Per Liter of Bottled Water by Select Brands
- Ban on Single Use Plastic in Select Countries: Implications for Bottled Water Industry
- Prevalence of Unorganized Players and Counterfeit Products Hamper Market Prospects in Developing Regions
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gxe0sd
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900