The "United Kingdom (UK) Health and Beauty Market Analysis and Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The health & beauty market declined in 2020 with spend falling 7.9%, as consumers stayed at home with few reasons to replace non-essential beauty items like makeup and fragrance owing to the lack of occasions. But it is forecast to recover quickly with spend rising 4.0% in 2021 and the sector growing at CAGR of 2.8% between 2020 and 2025.
As one of the more resilient sectors in times of restricted consumer budgets, the health & beauty market will return to 2019 levels by 2023. Beauty will gain share of the sector out to 2025 as consumers continue to value self-care and maintain regimens they have started during long periods at home, boosting spend on haircare and skincare. Innovation online will support growth with livestreaming events appealing to young consumers and the wealth of beauty content on social media platforms, namely TikTok, driving frequent purchases.
- The online channel propped up performance throughout lockdown periods and experienced significant growth with spend rising 46.1% in 2020, driving online penetration up 5.9 ppts on 2019.
- Online pureplays are driving growth with key players frequently improving and extending their ranges including ASOS, Cult beauty and BEAUTY BAY.
- As sustainability plays a bigger part in shopping decisions, retailers need to ensure they are offering products that are eco-conscious, considering how items are packaged and sold, and the store environment. Package-free items are also becoming more widely available including shampoo bars and deodorant bars. Health & beauty players must consider sustainability and the environment when implementing any new processes such as fast delivery options to work towards changing consumer needs.
- As flexible working is set to become a permanent trend post-pandemic, the essential nature of wearing makeup daily is declining. Many consumers are choosing to wear minimal makeup on days spent working from home and are opting to wear lighter makeup on days out of the house, stripping back their makeup routine and using fewer products.
Reasons to Buy
- Using our five year forecasts to 2025, learn which areas of the Health & Beauty market will be the fastest performing to enable focus and investment in these winning product areas.
- Understand how drivers of Health & Beauty purchases, such as range, price and quality, vary in importance among different demographics in order to maximise sales potential.
- Use our in-depth analysis of the challenges faced by key retailers in the sector in order to understand how to steal shoppers and market share.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Key Trends
- Market Size and Forecasts
- Category Performance and Forecasts
- Channel Performance and Forecasts
- Revenue and Market Shares of Top 10 Players
- Competitive Landscape: Profiles of Leading Players
- Competitive Landscape: Retailers to Watch
- Beauty Bay
- Cult Beauty
- Holland & Barrett
- Home Bargains
- Lloyds Pharmacy
- Marks & Spencer
- The Body Shop
- Well Pharmacy
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ff096p
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900