The June issue of Best’s Review features edited transcripts from the three-part special presentation “Critical Issues in Insurance Asset Management”:
- “Insurance Asset Class Update” reviews investment categories and how insurers' strategies are changing.
- “Insurance Asset Management in the Age of Rate Volatility” examines where insurers are directing their investments, how changing interest rates and volatility are affecting insurers, and the evolving role of alternative investments.
- “Reimagining Alternative Investments” examines the current environment for insurance asset management as the changing landscape has insurers learning more about options to traditional asset classes.
Also included in the June issue:
- In “‘It’s All Flammable’: Non-property Cat Bonds Provide ILS Investors With Options,” industry experts discuss the risks that could be covered by cat bonds beyond natural catastrophes.
- “AM Best Briefing: ILS Investors Seek Outlets Amid Hard Market” includes a discussion about recent ILS market performance and the outlook for the rest of 2023.
- “Wild Horses Help Rein In Catastrophic Fires” describes how horses are being used to create natural firebreaks to help slow the spread of deadly conflagrations.
Best’s Review is AM Best’s monthly insurance magazine, covering emerging issues and trends and evaluating their impact on the marketplace. Access to the complete content of Best’s Review is available here.
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2023 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Executive Editor, Best’s Review®
+1 908 439 2200, ext. 5540