- Commercial aviation accounted for about 2.7% of the world’s human-induced emissions in 2019
- The aviation industry is one of the fastest growing (https://ibn.fm/Jilzk), meaning emissions will only increase in future
- To meet the targets stipulated in the Paris Agreement (https://ibn.fm/hN0cs), the industry will need to move away from fossil fuels entirely; green ammonia is emerging as one of the alternatives
- A consortium domiciled in the U.K. is developing a sustainable, low-emission propulsion system for airplanes that will use a blend of ammonia and hydrogen as a combustible fuel
- FuelPositive, through its proprietary system, produces green ammonia in a process that significantly reduces CO2 emissions associated with traditional NH3 production
According to a report by the International Council on Clean Transportation (“ICCT”), commercial aviation emitted 920 million tons of CO2 in 2019, up from 903 million tons in 2018 (https://ibn.fm/ecyqd). Based on the 2019 figure, commercial aviation accounted for about 2.7% of all human-caused emissions, considering that the CO2 emissions in 2019 totaled roughly 33 billion tons. Although aviation is a small contributor to global greenhouse emissions compared to other sectors, a BBC Future Planet article points out that it is also one of the fastest growing (https://ibn.fm/pTRE1).
“With COVID-19, flights and passenger numbers plummeted, but the number of people flying is expected to return to 2019 levels within a few years and continue to grow. All this means that we need to…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to NHHHF are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/NHHHF
About Green Energy Stocks
Green Energy Stocks (GES) is a specialized communications platform with a focus on companies working to shape the future of the green economy. The company provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) to nearly 2 million followers, and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, GES is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, GES brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. GES is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from Green Energy Stocks, text “Green” to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.GreenNRGStocks.com
Green Energy Stocks is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.