DelveInsight’s “Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD), historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) market.
Some of the key facts of the Degenerative Disc Disease Market Report:
- As per the study conducted by Brinjikji et al. (2014), the prevalence of disk degeneration in asymptomatic individuals increased from 37% of 20-year-old individuals to 96% of 80-year-old individuals. Disk bulge prevalence increased from 30% of those 20 years of age to 84% of those 80 years of age. Disk protrusion prevalence increased from 29% of those 20 years of age to 43% of those 80 years of age. The prevalence of annular fissures increased from 19% of those 20 years of age to 29% of those 80 years of age.
- According to a study conducted by Tao et al. (2020), commonly, 53.9% (n = 852; 386 males, 466 females; mean age = 52.3 ± 16.6 years) of all the subjects presented with radiographic cervical disc degeneration, and the prevalence of disc degeneration was not significantly different between males and females (53.4 vs. 54.3%). 36.8% of the subjects had Grade 1 (mild degeneration) disc degeneration, 13.7% had Grade 2 (moderate degeneration) and 3.4% had Grade 3 (severe degeneration).
Key Benefits of the Degenerative Disc Disease Market Report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD), explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) market
Got queries? Click here to know more about the Degenerative Disc Disease Market Landscape
Degenerative Disc Disease Overview
Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD) is a common disorder that is characterized by progressive degeneration of the intervertebral disc; rendering them deformed and mechanically dysfunctional. It is a catchall phrase for a number of structural changes in the spine, such as loss of disc height, disc bulges, hydration, and impingement of nerves in the spine, among others. The resultant loss of structural and functional integrity of the spine can lead to lumbar and/or cervical pain syndromes; the discs are unable to fulfill their primary functions of cushioning and providing mobility between the vertebrae; consequently, DDD has been reported as a leading cause of low back pain. Disc degeneration, although in many cases asymptomatic, is also associated with sciatica and disc herniation or prolapse.
Symptoms of DDD are most commonly found in the low back or neck. The pain may range from mild to severe and disabling, primarily affect the neck and lower back, extends to the arms and hands, radiate to the buttocks and thighs, worsens when sitting or after bending, lifting or twisting, and cause weakness in the leg muscles or foot drop, which may be a sign of damage to the nerve root.
Degenerative Disc Disease Epidemiological Insights:
- Chronic low back pain (CLBP) affects approximately 10-15% of the adult population, equivalent to more than 30 million people in the United States and almost 40 million people across EU5. Also, as per the research study conducted by Michael et al. (2011) and Bao-Gan Peng (2013) approximately 7 million patients in each the United States and EU-5 are thought to suffer from CLBP caused by degenerative disc disease.
- As per the study conducted by Teraguchi et al. (2014), the prevalence of intervertebral disc degeneration (DD) over the entire spine was 71% in men and 77% in women aged 90% in both men and women aged >50 years. The prevalence of an intervertebral space with DD was highest at C5/6 (men: 51.5%, women: 46%), T6/7 (men: 32.4%, women: 37.7%), and L4/5 (men: 69.1%, women: 75.8%).
- As per the data published by the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery (ESPN), DDD is more prevalent than previously suspected, with 26% of asymptomatic children
- As per the study conducted by Bruin et al. (2018), degenerative changes were found in 456/648 patients (70.4%). Degenerated discs and Schmorls nodes had the highest prevalence and were present in 278/648 patients (42.9%) and 238/648 patients (36.7%), respectively. More male patients had degenerative changes (226/303 (74.6%) males vs 230/345 (66.7%) females, and this difference is almost completely explained by the higher prevalence of Schmorls nodes (136/303 (44.9%) males and 102/345 (29.6%) females). The prevalence of other degenerative changes on both MRI and radiograph were comparable in both genders. On radiographs, degenerative changes were found in 191/648 patients (29.5%). Male and female patients were equally represented; 92/303 men (30.4%) and 99/345 women (28.7%). Prevalence of degeneration was lower on radiographs compared with MRI; loss of disc height was most prevalent on the radiographs and was found in 153/648 patients (23.6%).
Degenerative Disc Disease Epidemiological Segmentation
- Total Degenerative Disc Disease prevelant cases
- Total Degenerative Disc Disease diagnosed cases
- Total Degenerative Disc Disease age-specific and gender-specific cases
- Total Degenerative Disc Disease severity specific cases
- Total Degenerative Disc Disease cases
Degenerative Disc Disease Market Outlook
According to the American Psychiatric Association (APA), Degenerative Disc Disease (PPD) is a serious, but treatable medical illness, which involves feelings of extreme sadness, emotional liability, indifference and/or anxiety, as well as changes in energy, sleep, and appetite, and carries risks for the mother and the newborn child. PPD usually starts within the first month or any time within the first year after childbirth and can last from weeks to months. In more severe cases, it can develop into chronic episodes of depression.
Treatments include antidepressant medications along with the new upcoming therapeutic strategies that work on the principle of GABAA receptor modulation. The medical management for PPD comprises several aspects such as interventions for depression, anxiety disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, and psychological interventions for eating disorders. The treatment strategy also encompasses psychological and psychosocial treatments, as well as non-pharmacologic treatments. Besides, the medical care of a PDD patient and his family is incomplete without providing a support system for their psychosocial well-being. The current US market consists of only one approved product—Zulresso (brexanolone/SAGE-547)—to treat patients with PPD.
Learn more by requesting for sample @ Degenerative Disc Disease Market Trends
Degenerative Disc Disease Key Companies
- Sage Therapeutics
- Brii Biosciences
- And many others
Degenerative Disc Disease Therapies
- Mesoblast/ Gruenthal
- Stayble Therapeutics
- Kuros Biosciences
- And many others
Degenerative Disc Disease Market Drivers
- Rich emerging pipeline
- Increasing Prevalence of DDD
- Advances in disease understanding
Degenerative Disc Disease Market Barriers
- Impact on the quality of life of the patient
- Failure to recognize the condition delays the commencement of more appropriate care
Table of Contents
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary of Degenerative Disc Disease
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and patient population
- Degenerative Disc Disease Emerging Therapies
- Degenerative Disc Disease Market Outlook
- Market Drivers
- Market Barriers
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Degenerative Disc Disease Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Click here to read more about Degenerative Disc Disease Market Insight
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research
Contact Person: Adya Kaul
Email: Send Email
Phone: +91 9568243403
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States